Monday, November 3, 2014

A Weekend Getaway for the Parents-to-Be

One of our favorite places to visit 
while in Hilton Head is Bluffton, SC.
My baby girl and her mister had their last 
little getaway before the arrival of
Harper Elizabeth Grant.

The bluff is known for 
The Church of the Cross.  


This photo was taken two years ago
on our annual beach trip.


This is the view from the inside.


The trees around the bluff are magnificent!


This was their little cottage for the weekend. 


The cottage lies on the same property as the main house
where they had breakfast the next morning. 


The back steps lead to the dock


where they sat and enjoyed coffee and a view.


I just love a cozy, little kitchen in a cabin. 


Although the furnishings did not 
exactly fit the era of the home, 
I think they were comfy and cozy 
as a cottage should be. 


If it were mine, I would paint the planked walls
and everything would be white, shabby chiccy.


The shower and the claw-foot tub has
the character of the old and the convenience of the new.


The gentlemen of the home has his own little workshop in the back. 


The last day was spent sight-seeing
in Savannah


and a walk on the beach at HHI.


This is the view of the river from their cottage.


I sure have enjoyed some good family time.
The first shower for Harper Elizabeth is in two weeks!
Can hardly wait to see all the pretties in pink. 

They also toured the new Southern Living Idea Home 2014
Palmetto Bluff, South Carolina.
No Cameras Allowed!
Ughhhh!


See above what they saw.  

Have a Wonderful Week, 

Bonnie:)






16 comments:

  1. What a lovely place for a getaway. The beach is so beautiful. Your daughter looks so pretty. I know the shower will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful place! I know they enjoyed this getaway.
    I hate it when cameras aren't allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place for a getaway! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bonnie, what a great place for a Get-a-way AND what an exciting time this is for them and for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an amazing place Bonnie. Congratulations btw!!! I bet that you are super excited! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect place for a getaway! I will have to put this on my list of places to visit:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect place for a getaway! I will have to put this on my list of places to visit:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great getaway for them. It's a lovely place. Your daughter looks great and I bet she is excited about the shower.

    I hope to get to see the SL Idea Home yet this Fall, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a beautiful place for a getaway! And your daughter is simply lovely :)

    Happy Tuesday, dear Bonnie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful setting for a get away! I looked at the idea home.... Lovely! (Except the wallpaper in the half bath, I think that was the one... Could not do that. And the curtains in the master bath.... Couldn't do the plaid )
    Enjoy this day! It's a lovely one here in PA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great little get-away! That next to the last photo of the beach is phenomenal...awesome reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful serene getaway Bonnie and l love the quilt in the bed in their room. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous place to spend the weekend, so beautiful! I hope that the shower is lots of fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like such a cozy and fun place to visit. Hope they had a great time before the arrival of the baby. Such an exciting time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely wonderful place to relax! I'm so glad they were able to do this 'cause life will get hectic when Miss Harper arrives. :) Aren't you just so excited??

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.