Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

We Have This Moment

We Have This Moment
Bill and Gloria Gaither

Hold tight to the sound of the music of living
Happy songs from the laughter of children at play
Hold my hand as we run through the sweet, fragrant meadows,
Making memories of what was today.



We have this moment to hold in our hands
And to touch while it slips through our fingers like sand
Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come
But we have this moment today.

I am holding my baby brother who was killed 
when he was five years old.
When the accident happened, 
I was 14, my older brother was 17,
and my sister was 9.

Tiny voice that I hear is my little girl calling
For Daddy to hear just what she has to say
And my little boy running there by the hillside
May never be quite like today.








Tender words, gentle touch and a good cup of coffee
And someone who loves me and wants me to stay
Hold them near while they're hear and don't wait for tomorrow
To look back and wish for today.



Take the blue of the sky and the green of the forest
and the gold and brown of the freshly mowed hay
Ad the pale shades of spring and the circus of autumn
And weave you a lovely today.





Happy Thanksgiving, my friends.

Bonnie:)

9 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Bonnie. I enjoyed all the pictures.
    The moments pass too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Bonnie. Happy Thanksgiving. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Enjoy your day dear friend! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you and yours this Thanksgiving Day, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanksgiving Day wishes to you and your beautiful family. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many Blessings to you on this Thanksgiving.----thank you for your beautiful friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your love of our Great and Mighty God and for loving life and your family! And thanks for loving all us bloggers... Happy Days are here again, even when we have had some sorrows, we know He works all things for His Glory!
    Love, Roxy
    I enjoyed these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie,
    These family pictures are priceless, especially the black and white ones. You know, when I was a little girl, I used to look at my mom's old black and whites and wondered about the story behind them. These old pictures are treasures to me.

    You are very thankful for so many things, Bonnie, and I'm so glad to have such a grateful blog friend.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.